Sunday, February 16, 2014

Beadcamp 2014~



I'm addicted…to glass that is! I had the great fortune of attending beadcamp in Nokomis Florida. The hosts, Marley and Jetze Beers, were beyond accommodating and warm. There was not one aspect that they did not think about for the benefit of their "guests". There were 8 of us, each with our own station to work at, complete with tools to create and learn the art of lampworking. I was the only guest who had never laid eyes on the apparatus of propane and oxygen to melt glass rods. I was so locked into the process and ohhhhhh how much I learned from the instructor. Janie Jones of grammy glass was our instructor. She made learning fun, fun, fun! You can see my day 1 beads below, cool right!!

Day 1 of Beadcamp, my first lampwork beads:-)
By day 5 I could get a nice round bead. Oh and check out my dot placement on my cupcake and my fishy:-)


I now have a whole bowl full of beads to do something with. Won't be earrings, lol, well except if I want to make a mismatch pair then I have plenty…

Oh and by the way, I have stuff for who ever is my BSBP partner that was made at camp, not by me and not sure by who. Unclaimed and given to me to pay forward…Another week and partners will be revealed by Lori
~Peace
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment